Ikea must-haves for babies and kids
Like all of you, we have a love-hate relationship with IKEA. Sometimes it’s the best, sometimes it makes you want to gouge your eyes out. But there are a handful of things for babies and kids that really are awesome, especially for the price.
1. The IKEA easel. Chalk on one side, whiteboard on the other, with a tray for paint cups. It’s only $15 (!!) so if you leave it outside all summer long, (painting is always better en plein air), you won’t be sad when you have to put it out on the curb once the boards start to warp.
3. The $20 highchair – It’s small, it’s plastic, it’s a cinch to dis/assemble, you can hose it down outside once it’s completely crusted in food, and it’s inexpensive enough that you can buy one for all of the grandparents to keep at their houses too.
4. Birch step stool – This one is a little high for babies, but it’s great for the pre-school set. It’s sturdy and doesn’t tip easily and can be used all over the house for parents too.
6. Wood puzzle vehicles – 3 for $10, baby!
8. Lätt table and chairs – For $20 it’s impossible to turn down this kid-sized table and chair set. When your kiddo scribbles all over the top, you won’t sweat it.
9. Expedit bookcases – These are major workhorses in a kid’s room. Great for books and toy storage, something similar at other kid furniture shops would be 3 or 4 times the price.
10. Alligator tub mat – Let’s be honest… these things get pretty gross, pretty fast. For $6, stock up on three or four and you can toss the mildewy one when it’s time is up.
11. Leka baby gym – We love that this baby gym is simple and wooden and not too complicated.
12. Play tea set
Have any favorites of your own? We want to know what we’re missing!