Ah the baby registry. So exciting, but then again how do you know what to pick if you’ve never had a baby before!? Here’s a list of some of our favorite eco-friendly, non-toxic, or otherwise “green” products we’ve loved for our kiddos.
1. One Love Organics / Love their body wash and balm for baby and mama! Use the Easy Does It wash for babies first baths (they even have a family size!) and the balm for dry skin, pregnant bellies, and even diaper rash.
2. Sophie the giraffe / You’ll probably get three of these at your shower, but if you don’t she’s kind of a must have. Natural rubber and food-grade paint make Sophie the best teether out there.
3. Diapers! A green baby product round up would not be fair without mentioning diapers. UGH. Did you know that you can fill your entire house with the disposable diapers you’ll use in your baby’s first year of life? We know that cloth diapering isn’t for everyone, but it’s much easier than you think. There are so many modern options now (we’re partial to Fuzzi Bunz, but there are plenty of other great options), and there’s also good old fashioned diaper service too. For nearly *everything* you need for cloth diapering, visit Green Mountain Diapers. Reviews, photos, suggestions. Lots to learn over there.
4. Naturepedic organic crib mattress / Babies spend soooo much of their early life sleeping that splurging on an organic mattress might be worth it.
6. Ergobaby organic carrier / Our favorite baby carrier out there! Organic might not be necessary, but it’s nice to know they have the option if it’s important to you.
8. Honest Co. wipes / They’re a bit pricier than other wipes, but they’re SO good, you guys. You’ll use less and there’s more in a pack, and they’re just well, the best. And we actually love Honest diapers (cute patterns!), and their household products too.
9. Oeuf Sparrow crib / Yes Oeuf cribs are expensive. But when you see the teeth marks on your baby’s crib, you’ll be glad you picked one that’s free of toxic paint and finish.
11. Aden + Anais organic muslin swaddles / We link to these all the time, but they’re seriously the best.
12. Kate Quinn terry washcloths / Small, soft, and thin, these are perfect for the first few months when a normal washcloth is just too big.
13. Rainbow stacking bowls / Babies put EVERYTHING in their mouth so it’s nice to know that their toys are free of yucky chemicals.
15. American Baby Company bedding / Organic options can be significantly more expensive than conventional alternatives, which is why we love American Baby Co. products so much. They’re super simple, neutral pieces that are affordable for anyone.
16. Kickee Pants bamboo clothes / So soft!
17. CleanWell pocket pack of wipes / Handy to keep in the car, in the stroller, in your purse, by the front door for visitors.
18. Moby wrap / Such an essential for the newest babies. Makes them feel like they’re back in the belly, which is exactly where they want to be during those first weeks and months.
20. Dr. Robin’s sunscreen / Non-toxic in every way, Dr. Robin’s was created by an LA-based dermatologist and it’s served us well for years.
22. Recycled animal art cards / Line these up along the changing table and your baby will coo at them every day.
We could go on and on! What are your favorite baby products, green or otherwise? We’d love to know what we’re missing out on!